|Story of my life.|
In the meantime, I do hope you'll enjoy a few things I've been working on lately.
1. At Kill Screen, I participated in a group review of the new Mortal Kombat title. Well, kind of. We actually just reviewed some of the fatalities. But as the editor's note says, that's kind of the ideal way to get at the (violently extracted, still-beating) heart of a Mortal Kombat game: Just go straight to the main attraction. This assignment was a lot of fun, and I'm currently loving getting my various body parts lacerated/severed/crushed/excised in the game itself. Quick impressions: The B-movie schlock of the Story mode is a hoot, which makes the terrible sound mixing all the more tragic. I can't even hear the backing music well enough to determine if it is, in fact, Nelson.
2. The last of my PAX East coverage is finally up over at Gamer Melodico. Here's the full rundown:
- A review of Jane McGonigal's keynote speech.
- Part 1 and Part 2 of our event roundup.
- A preview of upcoming XBLA title Bastion, including an interview with the game's creative director.
- A look at Telltale Games' Jurassic Park: The Game.
UPDATE, 4/26: And the first is now live on Gamers With Jobs! Read "Paging Dr. Schadenfreude" here.