- Gus Mastrapa's column at Joystick Division is sweeter and sadder than you'd think based on its title, "Facebook Made My Mom a Gamer."
- I love Julian Murdoch's stories about gaming with his family. For this piece about Civilization V and any number of other reasons, the man is a model citizen in Gamer Nation.
- Michael Abbott's recent post about his students' reaction to Ultima IV is pretty illustrative of how the nature of games' interactions with players has changed - and how players themselves have changed.
- Kirk Hamilton's fantastic roundup of PAX at Paste is a great piece of journalism that builds nicely on his recent appearance on the Brainy Gamer podcast.
- In the wake of the Good Old Games marketing stunt this week, Chris Morris at Gamasutra discusses how to bring, um, good old games back into popular circulation.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Please enjoy the quality content listed below in a set of convenient hyperlinks. (Yes, I'm running out of intros to these things.)