Some links to kick off this Labor Day weekend while we batten down the hatches for hurricane Earl. Stay safe, East Coasters.
- NYU professor Jesper Juul makes an argument that gamers who are prejudiced against social games are, ironically, unintentionally mimicking larger cultural prejudices against videogames in general.
- Chris Lepine's post "The Neurotic Joy of Gaming" is a terrific exploration of the question: when does a game become "work"?
- Matt Weise's post on Riddick is a terrific, if wholly unintentional, validation of my love for that franchise.
- In the latest issue of The Escapist, both Jamin Brophy-Warren and Chuck Wendig present thoughtful pieces on race and diversity in games.
- The Diary of a Zergling. 'Nuff said.